Every weekend I break down the 10 things I think you most need to see this week, including a mix of posts on this site and other stuff from around the web that I think should be on your radar. Here’s this week’s countdown…
10. 5 Things You Can Learn From The Success of Chris Hardwick And Nerdist
In this Connected Comedy post, I look at the impact that the Nerdist podcast and blog has had on Chris Hardwick’s career and discuss some lessons you can learn from what he’s done with it.
9. Identifying and Connecting With Your Audience
This post from The Developing Artist blog is geared towards musicians, but is also very applicable to comedians as well.
8. Karmin Music: 5 Things You Can Learn From A Band That’s Gone Viral
In this Connected Comedy post, I look at one of the most successful bands on YouTube and explain what you can learn from them to advance your own career.
7. A Study Proves The Effectiveness Of Facebook’s Sponsored Story Ads
I’ve previously written about why you should use Sponsored Story ads, and this new study’s results back up my thoughts.
6. How I Got 10,000+ People To Look At Something It Took Me Two Minutes To Create
In this Connected Comedy post, I show how I turned a simple old photo into a piece of content that attracted a lot of views online.
5. YouTube Continues To Bankroll Rising Video Stars
In this post on the YouTube blog, the company shows off the results of some of the 45 creators who it recently gave $35,000 to for them to create content.
4. 7 Things You Need To Understand About People
In this Connected Comedy post, I point out some of the basic psychology about audiences that you need to understand in order to succeed online.
3. Writing Comedy, Version 2.0
In this post from Connected Comedy reader Sam Killerman, you’ll find a breakdown of how to use some unique online tools to help your comedy writing process.
2. How To Grow Your Fanbase By Spending 3 Hours A Week Creating Content
In this Connected Comedy post, I break down exactly how you can get the most out of spending three hours a week creating content.
1. What It’s Like To Spend 9 Months At The Comedy Cellar In New York
This article was posted by reader Jim Young in the Connected Comedy Forum and it’s really a great read about what life’s like inside a New York comedy club.
Looking for more? Check out these previous Connected Countdown posts.
One thought on “Connected Countdown: 10 Things You Need To See This Week”
I loved the comedy writing 2.0 article. I have been doing something similar even using mind maps on my Android phone.