MyU2B Stats is a new website that’s put together a rather addictive little product for video creators and people interested in the monetization of online video. The site has developed a formula to estimate how much money various partner channels on YouTube are making through the ads YouTube sells against their content.
Now this is far from an exact science and their numbers should definitely be taken with a big grain of salt, but it is a very interesting look at what various video producers may be making from their YouTube videos and which of their individual videos are accounting for the bulk of that revenue. Here’s what MyU2B has to say about how they calculate their figures:
*The “Gross” is an estimated earning potential of a channel or video, based on the number of views, earning an average CPM of known YouTube partner channels.
Accuracy aside, here’s a look at what MyU2B estimates that comedian Jon Lajoie is currently making from the 55 videos he’s posted on his YouTube channel:
• Lajoie is earning an estimated $11,842 per month for his videos on YouTube.
• He’s doing this based on generating an average of 9.2 million views each month
• He’s attracting an estimated 37,200 new subscribers to his YouTube channel each month.
• His best moneymaking video at the moment is Show Me Your Genitals, which earns him about $1,953 per month thanks to about 1.5 million views of the video each month. That video was originally released way back in May 2008.
• Jon’s most profitable videos continue to be videos that he released years ago. Four of his five most profitable videos were released in 2009 or earlier but continue to bring in more dollars now – this is a great demonstration of the way a hit video can continue to bring in revenue on YouTube long after it goes “viral.”