Here’s a few things I’ve come across recently that are worth clicking:
• Techipedia examines 7 Traits of Highly Effective Viral Videos. Spoiler Alert: If your video is identifiable, spontaneous, genuine, funny, informational, creative, and inspiring then it’s going to get a hell of a lot of views.
• Here’s an interesting discussion about what metric should matter most on YouTube: Views or subscribers?
• Deadline Hollywood’s Nikki Finke declared that Saturday Night Live has sucked so far this season, setting off 150+ comments from her readers about the state of the show. It’s a fun look at what Hollywood insiders (or at least wannabe Hollywood insiders) think about the show.
• In the wake of Comedy Central’s Rally for Sanity, Fark’s Drew Curtis rips Comedy Central and Jon Stewart for not being appreciative enough of the Internet and specifically Reddit’s role in the event’s success.
• YouTube star Phil DeFranco talks about some of what he’s learned in the course of racking up 439 million views for his videos.